Sunday, April 15, 2012

Yellow Mama and All Due Respect

When it rains, it pours.

I'm extremely proud, "chuffed," even, to have stories in both All Due Respect - the long form crime fiction webzine started by Alec Cizak and now run by Chris Rhatigan. Chris also reviews fiction at Death by Killing, co-edits the Pulp Ink anthologies with Nigel Bird, and is a fine writer himself. Alec has moved on to Pulp Modern, and has a few novels under his belt as well.

This story is my tribute to Elmore Leonard, and was originally written for a beach noir contest at Do Some Damage. I expanded and edited it, and I love the characters so much that they will appear in a novel sometime soon. A bit of pulp caper set in Antigua, where two honeymooners need help from Hazeldeen, a barmaid at their resort, and drag her into their "White People problems."

White People Problems, in All Due Respect

Yellow Mama, named after Alabama's electric chair, is a crime zine edited by author Cindy Rosmus, who had a cracking tale in last month's Hardboiled magazine. Yellow Mama caters to dark noir and horror, and my brutal revenge story shows the lengths one man will go to, to avenge his family. Sometimes revenge is a real bear.

Play Dead, in Yellow Mama

I hope you like them. If you do, please leave a comment here or at the source, and share the links with your friends. I'd really appreciate it!

Monday I'll announce the winner of the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader: Flush Fiction giveaway, so stay tuned. 

© 2012 Thomas Pluck
I post on Twitter as TommySalami ~ My Facebook Page

4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

You're bad, you're nationwide!

Thomas Pluck said...

Thanks, Dave... doing my best.

Chris Rhatigan said...

I didn't know that about YM's name--that's fantastic. Will head over there soon. Cindy always puts together a very fine issue.

Thomas Pluck said...

I like the format, that she puts together a whole issue. thanks again, Chris.

Post a Comment

And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

disclaimers of legal bull shitte

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

All writing © 2011 Thomas Pluck and may only be reprinted with express written permission of the author. You may link to pages at will. If you wish to repost anything on your website you must contact Thomas Pluck using the contact form. Thank you for your cooperation. -Robocop