Sunday, April 8, 2012

Review: Vanilla Ride


Vanilla Ride
Vanilla Ride by Joe R. Lansdale

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really liked this one. It had more action and laughs than some of the previous Hap & Leonard novels, without going over the top. I burst out laughing several times, and we meet a cast of grotesques who could have novels of their own. To summarize; the duo helps an old friend save his granddaughter from a drug den, and their good intentions spiral into a tornado of death and destruction. Death is too close a comrade in this one, but Mr. Lansdale shows us just how discomforting it is to make him your buddy. A fine adventure from one of our best writers.




View all my reviews

2 comments:

David Cranmer said...

You know you are in the hands of a master when you "burst out laughing" while reading a novel. It happens so little to me that I appreciate those books so much more.

Thomas Pluck said...

So very true. I laugh easy, but most often when reading I'll try to confine my outbursts to a grin or a snicker. I find that difficult when in Mr. Lansdale's clutches.

Post a Comment

And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

disclaimers of legal bull shitte

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

All writing © 2011 Thomas Pluck and may only be reprinted with express written permission of the author. You may link to pages at will. If you wish to repost anything on your website you must contact Thomas Pluck using the contact form. Thank you for your cooperation. -Robocop