Friday, March 16, 2012

Two to Tango in Spinetingler



I am honored to appear in Spinetingler Magazine's first Kindle issue, Winter 2012. My illustrious company includes Patti Nase Abbott, Mike Miner, Court Merrigan and Albert Tucher. Spinetingler has been around for ten years online and is a Mystery Writers of America approved venue. I highly doubt "Two to Tango" will be to the MWA's taste, but here's hoping that a few of them read it.

It's one of my most polarizing stories, and while the characters are all adults, the title comes from the true closing statement of a judge who gave a child rapist a soft sentence. I learned of this judge through Alice Vachss's eye-opening book Sex Crimes: Ten Years on the Front Lines Prosecuting Rapists and Confronting Their Collaborators, where she details how difficult it is to prosecute sex offenders in the D.A.'s office. It is out of print, but I urge you to hunt it down if you think SVU is how things play out in court.

It is a revenge story, but not a straightforward one. I'd like to hear what you think. You can't comment on a Kindle, but you can here, and in the Amazon reviews for the magazine. I'd appreciate your feedback.



© 2012 Thomas Pluck
I post on Twitter as TommySalami ~ My Facebook Page

4 comments:

David Cranmer said...

"I highly doubt "Two to Tango" will be to the MWA's taste." :)

Thomas Pluck said...

Who knows? I thought Brian and Sandra at Spinetingler would reject it and tell me never to submit again, and look what they did.

jack getze said...

Hey, Mr. P. Just so you know? I'm the one who picked this one out of the pile. Love your writing.

Thomas Pluck said...

Jack, thank you very much. I'm very glad you liked it and proud to be in Spinetingler!

Post a Comment

And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

disclaimers of legal bull shitte

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

All writing © 2011 Thomas Pluck and may only be reprinted with express written permission of the author. You may link to pages at will. If you wish to repost anything on your website you must contact Thomas Pluck using the contact form. Thank you for your cooperation. -Robocop