Monday, November 28, 2011

Just Ice

Gerald So runs The 5-2: Crime Poetry Weekly. You might think poetry and crime fiction don't mix, but he'll prove you wrong. I first read his work at Beat to a Pulp, and the tone he evokes in these simple poems is quite striking.

I've been developing a story called "The Ultimate Dis," and the basics of the storyline came off as poetic imagery to me, so I wrote a poem of it as an exercise. Gerald liked it and sent extensive edits- the original poem is about twice as long- and we cut it down to the bone. I like what we came up with.

You'll get to hear me read it, if you chose. To me, I sound like Fozzy the Bear from the Muppet Show, but he gets readings from most of his contributors, and I decided to give it a shot. So if you want to hear Fozzy lay his feelings bare, this is your chance.

JUST ICE at the 5-2: Crime Poetry Weekly


© 2011 Thomas Pluck

Post a Comment

And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

disclaimers of legal bull shitte

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

All writing © 2011 Thomas Pluck and may only be reprinted with express written permission of the author. You may link to pages at will. If you wish to repost anything on your website you must contact Thomas Pluck using the contact form. Thank you for your cooperation. -Robocop