Tuesday, December 8, 2009

get yer yum yums out

I just wanted to pop in and promote my favorite food blogs, who'll keep you drooling daily. I try to share my culinary exploits in the kitchen and out at greasy spoons, but lately I've been healthier. For example, I made these wasabi pea crusted tuna steaks with butternut squash last week as a post-workout pigout for Pita-San and myself:
Here's some good reading for good eatin', whether it's healthy or heart attack specials.

Thoughtful Eating
- by Raquel of Out of the Past Classic Film blog also likes to cook, and she shares some delicious recipes here. If you're on Facebook, become a fan.

A Hamburger Today
- I'll gladly pay you Tuesday... this is the hamburger center of the internet, and I read their reviews daily. The whole Serious Eats site is excellent, and I recently made their recipe for quinoa with bacon, kale and sweet potatoes. Quinoa cooked in bacon fat? Delish.

Beantown Brews - This beer blogger from Boston reviews lots of good brews, something I've been meaning to do more often.

Re(cession)IPES - It's not updated often, but they have many great recipes that will fill your belly without emptying your wallet.

NJ Munchmobile - Pete Genovese of the Star-Ledger Munchmobile is what inspired me to food blog, and they are still finding hidden gems in the Garden state.

And for the hell of it, here's my Thanksgiving plate. I can still taste it.
Turkey, turnips, asparagus, pearl onions, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, two kinds of cranberry, giblet stuffing, mashed potatoes and a biscuit. Still working that off.

1 comments:

Keith said...

I'll definitely have to check those blogs out. I love eating. Anybody who looks at me can tell that. lol

Thanks for all the advice on promoting my blog. I appreciate it a lot. Cheers!

Post a Comment

And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

disclaimers of legal bull shitte

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

All writing © 2011 Thomas Pluck and may only be reprinted with express written permission of the author. You may link to pages at will. If you wish to repost anything on your website you must contact Thomas Pluck using the contact form. Thank you for your cooperation. -Robocop