Friday, August 28, 2009

what exit? I'll tell you what exit, $%$@#!

Flying Fish Brewery is brewing a series of beers named after exits on the NJ Turnpike. I heard over at the Beer-Stained Letter blog that the Turnpike Authority- one of many government monopolies that contribute to my state's miasma of political corruption- was not pleased. So of course, I gave them the Italian Salute and bought a bottle.

I would have anyway, because Flying Fish is one of New Jersey's best breweries. Located in Cherry Hill, their Hopfish IPA and Farmhouse Ale are two of my favorites. Exit 11 - a hoppy wheat ale that combines a Belgian yeast, wheat, and West Coast hop infusion- is my new favorite of theirs. The mellow fruity smoothness of a great wheat beer, with the snappy, piney finish of a hoppy IPA make for an excellent summer brew. Available only in 750ml "big bottles," there's enough for two big wiesbier glasses and a little leftover. Milky and I consumed one while watching Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut, and if offered a case of this beer, I would kneel before Zod.

Flying Fish Brewery offers tours on most Saturdays- check the calendar on their website before visiting- and I foresee a trip there in my near future. They are also on twitter. Give them a try! Great local beer is one of the things that keeps us sane here in Jersey.

Post a Comment

And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

disclaimers of legal bull shitte

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

All writing © 2011 Thomas Pluck and may only be reprinted with express written permission of the author. You may link to pages at will. If you wish to repost anything on your website you must contact Thomas Pluck using the contact form. Thank you for your cooperation. -Robocop