Tuesday, August 25, 2009

die happy

Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger with grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, pickles, BBQ sauce, and fresh jalapenos. A juicy burger steamed on a grill with crisp bacon, a tasty bun that holds together, and a tangy combination of fresh and fried vegetables for a mixture of sweet, smoky, snappy and piquant flavors. It is my favorite combo and to steal a quote from another reviewer, this is the best burger for under $5 you're likely to find, especially at a chain. I consider them the median to judge all others against.

Another food reviewer also named Tommy derided these as "Wendy's, but round" and I immediately discounted his opinion on food and anything else. If you've eaten a Wendy's burger lately they are nothing like this; but perhaps I love Five Guys Burgers so much because they remind me of the Wendy's of 30 years ago, or at least how I remember them when I was but a wee salami. I will stand behind my heartfelt recommendation of this burger as the best of the franchise burger joints. Red Robin, you stand schooled; you still make some of the best chicken sandwiches, though.

2 comments:

Twatsole said...

I wanna go!!!

Tommy Salami said...

Love your screen name. It's easy. Rt3 to 17N, a few lights- when you see the Lowe's stay right and enter right before Paterson Plank Rd.

Post a Comment

And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

disclaimers of legal bull shitte

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

All writing © 2011 Thomas Pluck and may only be reprinted with express written permission of the author. You may link to pages at will. If you wish to repost anything on your website you must contact Thomas Pluck using the contact form. Thank you for your cooperation. -Robocop