Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Holly Hunter


Looking good for 50 ain't she? I'd hunt in her holly. I think my first introduction to her was her frantic and hilarious performance in Raising Arizona, still one of my favorite comedies. Then there was The Piano, which was the first time I was scarred by Harvey Keitel's penis, which has way too many roles if you ask me. I think it has its own IMDb credit. Thankfully the other pianist in the scene (see what I did there) was Holly Hunter, prim and hot and reserved. I do declare, I still can't hear "chopsticks" without getting the vapors.

More recently she was in O Brother Where Art Thou, playing another fiery female for the Coen Brothers, and as the stretchy mom in The Incredibles, some of the best voice acting in an animated film in recent times. When she's scared for her kids in the plane being shot down, the fun cartoon gets real serious all of a sudden, and we're really relieved when she saves them. Now that there's some talent. Here's hoping Holly keeps getting work, other than "Saving Grace" at least.

1 comments:

Rob L. said...

One of my favorite Holly Hunter performances is in A Life Less Ordinary, which is an otherwise kind of crappy movie. Check it out.

Post a Comment

And remember, this is for posterity so be honest. How do you feel?

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

disclaimers of legal bull shitte

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

All writing © 2011 Thomas Pluck and may only be reprinted with express written permission of the author. You may link to pages at will. If you wish to repost anything on your website you must contact Thomas Pluck using the contact form. Thank you for your cooperation. -Robocop